Please join us as we explore how we can navigate the path of conscious elderhood…
- What is the difference between being old and being an elder?
- How cultural stereotypes of the aged can limit us individually and culturally
- Why we need a new, more empowering paradigm of aging and what's at stake.
- How do we transition from midlife into early elderhood? Are there any roadmaps or developmental models that can help us make sense of the tasks at hand?
- How can we hold a vision of who we might become in our elder years when those years will most certainly confront us with loss, illness and death?
- And finally, time permitting, advice from the very old - what they wish they'd known at the beginning of their journey of aging.
The presentation will weave together personal stories and reflections, insight and research from from leaders of the Conscious Aging movement, and interactive exercises designed to bring your wisdom and contribution to the conversation.